March 13, 2009

My Article from eHow

If you are like me, ever since I began writing at eHow, everything I do and everywhere I go, I look at as potential ideas for an article. I have been looking at some of the articles that I have written already though, and I think it is time to take a pause and go through ALL of them and proof read them and correct some things. Maybe some others need to do the same.


The first thing I am going to do is to categorize my articles and group them together for myself, and copy the link for all of them. Then I will save them as a group on Notepad, so that when I write another article that is similar in context, I will copy and paste the list in not the resource list, but in the last step of the article. This way, I may get more views and more pay! At least I can hope.
Step2
The next thing to do, is to go through them and proof read them. Looking for misspelled words, wrong words; like scene instead of seen, incorrect punctuation and capitalization at the beginning of sentences. I think I have quite a few errors. All of these kind of errors are very unprofessional appearing and need to be corrected.
Step3
Then I am going to check each one for the ads that are surrounding my article, and just to stay with the flow, write down the ones with incorrect ads for the moment. When I'm finished going through all of them, I will go back to the incorrect ones, one by one, and see if there is anything I can do to fix it.
Step4
I am by no means an expert, but I believe that some of the things that you can do to fix the ad situation are:
Remove the category the article is under and choose another one; play around with it to see what happens. Although keep in mind, the ads may not change immediately. It could take them an hour or a day to catch up with the change. Some of our articles are very hard to categorize. Did you know that you could choose up to 5 different categories? Or that you can have more than 5 key words? I always use the key words of the categories and then key words from Google key words, plus my own key words. If you use a phrase such as, home organization, type it as home-organization, so it will appear as one word. Three or four word phrase, same thing.
I will check to see if my title makes sense, and change it if I think it does not. You have to think like the person who is asking a question. How to......... ? How to know if you are going to have a heart attack would be better as: How to Recognize the signs of a Heart Attack. Because that is probably what they would ask.
Step5
There is more that can be done, like making sure you have key words within the article and title, but this is a start, and you should start seeing positive results in just a few days for your efforts.
If anyone thinks they may need to do some of the same things, I suggest it will be in your best interests to take a few days (pause) from writing to fix the stuff you've already written.

No comments:

Post a Comment